URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services for power, infrastructure, industrial and commercial, and federal projects and programs.Headquarters
San Francisco, USA
SustainabilitySustainability Website(s) or Pageshttp://www.urscorp.com/About_URS/index.php?s=4Sustainability Mission Statement
Our clients, employees and partners share a common certainty about URS: safety is paramount. Health and safety are more than policies at URS; they are the foundation of how we work in the field, at our sites, and in our offices and laboratoriesKey Issues
In addition to benefiting our employees through reduced injuries and lost work, our commitment to safety is a leading indicator for our clients of strong performance throughout the project life cycle.
- Our goal is zero workplace incidents.
- We not only incorporate “best practices” into our safety culture, we create them.
- We rely on experience, continuous training, and adherence to strict standards to ensure the safety of our employees, our partners, and our surrounding communities.
- Each one of our employees shares an obligation to prevent accidents and is expected to conduct business in a way that actively integrates the elements of the URS Health, Safety and Environment Program into applicable aspects of our operations.
- Immersion in our safety culture begins on the first day of employment—from ergonomics to regulatory-compliant training, from case studies to on-site assessments.
- Our commitment to safety has garnered recognition from clients, regulators and professional organizations worldwide including the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and the United Kingdom’s Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).