Sustainability Workshop: Master the art of handling skeptics and their objections
Are you able to drive your sustainability ideas forward in your organization or are you encountering resistance? Are you achieving the best possible outcome at your meetings? Do you ever wonder if you could have achieved a better result and why your ideas weren’t resonating with your colleagues? Suppose you find yourself on an elevator with a senior executive and courageously decide that this is your opportunity to convince him/her to integrate sustainability into his/her core business strategies. How would you open the conversation? When he/she throws objections at you, how will you respond? What’s your value proposition?
During this worksop Dr. Willard will share proven strategies and techniques on how to overcome apathy, indifference, fear and cynicism when trying to move a sustainability initiative forward in an organization. The skills will be equally relevant and timely for both internal change agents and external sustainability consultants. Communication strategist and author John Marshall Roberts will join us via videoconference to share his insight on how a better understanding of your audience’s “worldview” will help you win over the hearts and minds of even the most committed skeptics.
Over the course of the workshop, attendees will learn:
* A clear understanding of your 3 biggest objections and why they occur
* How to handle those objections with confidence and grace
* Your own “elevator speech” sales call for senior executives
* Techniques to turn skepticism into excited curiosity
* How the North American population falls within the worldview framework
* Proven strategies and tactics for communicating sustainability to each worldview segment