2009/10 Blueprint for Sustainability- The Future at Work
In 2009, Ford Motor Company successfully weathered the worst business environment in generations, posting our first full year of positive net income since 2005. Our market share grew in North America, Europe and South America, while sales increased in the rapidly growing Asia Pacific and Africa region.
These results show that our ONE Ford plan is working: we are building great products, a strong business and a better world. During 2009, we:
• Stayed on track to surpass our product carbon dioxide
(CO2) goal, which calls for a 30 percent reduction in the CO2
emissions of our new U.S. and European vehicles by 2020,
compared to the 2006 model year.
• Introduced two new hybrid electric vehicles and several
other vehicles that achieve best-in-class fuel economy.
• Cut global water use by 16.6 percent and improved energy
efficiency in North America by 4.6 percent. Since 2000, we
have cut energy use at our global facilities by 44 percent.
• Further improved vehicle quality, putting Ford on par with or
better than the best in the business, according to several
global third-party assessments.
• Received the most Top Safety Picks from the U.S.-based
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety of any automaker –
19 Ford vehicles in total – and introduced a range of
Learn more throughout the full 2009-10 CSR report.